Thursday, July 23, 2009

despedido

Today is my last day in BA!  I just got back from an 8 day trip to the Northwest of the country- so beautiful!  It is both the heart of Argentina there and another country entirely.  It’s not very developed.  There is a ton of Catholicism and devotion to ancient spirits, such as the Pachamama.  You pee in a hole or pay a child with hungry eyes to use the “bathroom”, a dank hole in the wall with semi-running water and no TP.  However its views are breathtaking and it is the heart of Argentina with it’s food, music and traditions.

I’m feeling a little overwhelmed packing up my life of the last 5+ months.  Surprisingly I was conservative with my accumulation of things…I didn’t even buy too any shoes!  However I’m still crossing my fingers for two underweight suitcases…you never know! 

Tomorrow it will be summer and everyone will be speaking English!  Goodbye Argentina, I will always remember you with fondness and carino!  However, I am so excited to get back to my lovies at home and to certain American conveniences, foods, and ways of life.  I am so grateful that I was able to come here- my trip was definitely an important building block in my life and I come away from it having learned a lot.  I think if you googled that statement it would come up on every study abroad blog!  But it’s true!  Un beso enorme

No comments:

Post a Comment